Exe Nordic Walking
Version 1 | 21st November 2021
|21/11/21||First Version Created||Susan Holden||21/11/22|
Safeguarding Lead: Sue Holden
Tel: 07799413237 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This document is also available in electronic form on the Exe Nordic Walking Website.
- To promote the safety and welfare of all (adults 18 and over).
- To create a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all.
- To reassure participants safeguarding is important and outline procedures and commitments.
How to Raise a Concern
- Speak to or email the Safeguarding Lead (Sue Holden) about your concern.
- If you feel you cannot speak to Sue Holden then contact British Nordic Walking or Active Devon. (See below for contact details)
- If you feel a person is in immediate danger, please contact the Police on 999.
Responding to Concerns
- Your concern will be listened to and your privacy respected.
- An incident form will be completed. Copy Attached.
- The incident will be reported to British Nordic Walking in the first instance, then with additional external agencies or authorities where necessary.
- All incident forms will be stored securely and confidentially.
- If you feel you cannot speak to Sue Holden then please contact;
- British Nordic Walking
- Active Devon
- or Ann Craft Trust
Additional Support and Information
- To contact British Nordic Walking telephone 01332 504 949 or email email@example.com, https://britishnordicwalking.org.uk/
- To contact Active Devon’s Safeguarding Lead email firstname.lastname@example.org, https://www.activedevon.org/
- Other organisations that can provide further information on what safeguarding is, additional support or guidance, Ann Craft Trust, https://www.anncrafttrust.org/
- Torbay and Devon Safeguarding Partnership – Torbay & Devon Safeguarding Adults Partnership is the collective name for the partners of Torbay & Devon Safeguarding Adults Board. The board provides strategic leadership for adult safeguarding across Devon. Email: email@example.com, website: https://www.devonsafeguardingadultspartnership.org.uk/
Our Code of Conduct
- Exe Nordic walking adheres to the British Nordic Walking Code of Conduct (Attached).
- Exe Nordic Walking is an inclusive community encouraging physical activity, out doors for adults.
- Susan Holden is a qualified instructor, passionate about Nordic Walking for all, keeping up to date with professional development, first aid, insurance and policy requirements to deliver the best Nordic walking experience for everyone.
Equality and Diversity
- Show respect for all individuals.
- Include, communicate with, encourage and motivate participants equally.
Health and Safety
- PARQ (physical activity Readiness Questionnaire) required by all participants.
- Risk Assessments for all walks and courses are carried out and available. (including Covid-19 protocols and waiver)
- Attendance register taken and stored securely.
- Poles and straps are cleaned and maintained.
- Meeting points are well lit, easily located and accessible for the safety of participants and Instructor.
- Outdoor First Aid qualifications are renewed every 3 years.
- Public Liability Insurance renewed annually.
- Permissions and licences to walk on land in place.
- Registered with the ICO, protecting your data.
- Affiliate member of CIMSPA.