My passion for Nordic Walking has been growing over the last few years. I began walking more to get fit and lose weight, to join a fundraising trek in 2016. In January 2018 I started Nordic walking and became more passionate about it! Now I’m a qualified INWA Nordic Walking Instructor and teaching the technique to small groups and leading group walks.
In September (2019) my daughter left home to start university. So I am taking the opportunity to share my love of Nordic Walking, and to start working and walking with you.
During Lockdowns I have Nordic walked a lot and am pleased to have maintained and improved my fitness levels. I’m looking forward to Nordic walking with you.
Courses and small group Nordic walks are Exeter based, using our local open spaces and wonderful parks, there will be a bus stop near our meeting point, car parking or somewhere to lock up your bicycle.
New Nordic Walks in the stunning grounds of Powderham Castle and Exmouth Beach.
I have received both Covid vaccinations.
To contact Sue Holden:
- By telephone on 07799 413237 – if you reach the answering machine, please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I am able
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue is a natural teacher, enthusiastic and professional. I found the Learn to Nordic walk 1:1 sessions with Sue enjoyably challenging and rewarding, and feel equipped to set off on my own with my poles aiming to improve my posture and gait !
Sarah, recently retired, Exton
Sue is an excellent instructor and her enthusiasm and good humour make acquiring the Nordic walking technique enjoyable ( even in the rain! )
Sue’s accreditations and affiliations
I become a qualified INWA Nordic Walking Instructor after attending a British Nordic Walking course under the INWA education programme. I’m also a qualified First Aider. Previously, I taught in primary schools and have volunteered in a website and social media role. I have an Enhanced DBS Certificate.
- British Nordic Walking
- First Aid 4 Life – Emergency First Aid at Work (SCQA) ITC Certificate in Outdoor First Aid at SCQF Level 6
- YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Walking (Fitness Walking) Nordic Walking
- Affiliate Member of The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity
- Nordic Walking for Parkinson’s Disease INWA 16/04/2020
- Covid-19 Awareness Training. Sport and physical activity sector. CIMSPA Sport England Reactivate 23/07/2020
- Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity 10/08/2020
- Sensory Walk Leader Workshop with the charity Sense 28/01/2021
- Maps, a compass, and planning your adventures CPD 7/02/2021
- Nordic Walking for Parkinson’s and Related Conditions BNW CPD 18/02/2021
- You and Your Rucksack Workshop 20/02/21
- COVID-19 Rehabilitation Course CPD 24/03/2021
- FAA LEVEL 1 AWARD IN AWARENESS OF FIRST AID FOR MENTAL HEALTH (RQF) Qualification Code 603/3768/0 8/03/22
I’d like you to learn the technique, purchase poles, walk whenever you want to, build it into you daily activities. Walk to work, walk in your lunch break, walk in the morning, evening, at weekends, locally from your own front door. Join my group walks, (bookable here) the (not)Parkrun, the virtual British Nordic Walking Challenges and INWA events (when available again). You can also join our private Facebook group to connect with other Nordic Walkers in Exeter, and arrange impromptu daytime or evening walks. Let’s get Exeter Nordic Walking!
Join our community, become physically and socially active.
Covid-19 – Please be reassured that I am following current Government guidance with regard to equipment hygiene when borrowing poles for courses and social distancing guidance. Risk assessments are in place for your walks and courses. We are able to enjoy Nordic walking in groups en joying exercising in our local Valley parks and open spaces.
What a fantastic way to be outdoors with others, moving more without noticing, and so good for your well-being and health!
I look forward to meeting you.