Learn the Nordic Walking Technique
Using the INWA 10 Step Teaching Method™. Sue will teach you the technique of Nordic Walking. Let’s build a Nordic Walking community in Exeter.
Half an hour getting a feel for walking with poles, find out more about engaging your upper body muscles and core.
- Free (pole hire included)
From 2020 – 6 week Learn to Nordic Walk Course
On this course 6 x 1 hour sessions, you work through the INWA 10 Step Teaching Method™, practise them using drills and enjoy working on your technique in a small groups 6-8 people, making friends along the way.
- Cost £45 (pole hire included)
For those who:
- Prefer not to work in a group
- Work in a office and would like to walk to work, in their lunch break or after work, once they have learnt the technique
- Want to learn the technique to utilize the benefits ASAP
I will email you to arrange a time.
Two 1.5 hour one-to-one sessions learning the 10 steps.
- Cost £45 (pole hire included)
Two 1.5 hour one-to-two sessions, learning the 10 steps with a friend or partner.
- Cost £90 (pole hire included)
From 2020 – Move More Walks
Groups of between 12 – 20 people, enjoying a full body workout together walking outdoors in Exeter’s local parks and open spaces. Includes warm up, cool down, drills and technique tweaking. We all walk at different speeds, no one will get left behind, everyone will get the most out of the walk they join. See different level walks below. The session will be 1 hour.
- Weekly walks – please book your place
- Cost per walk £6 – 1 hour
- Pole hire £5 per walk
Graded walks. Sue will be able to help you decide which walk suits your fitness levels.
- Meander Fitness Walk – for those starting to move more
- Ripple Fitness Walk – for those who are new to Nordic Walking and walk regularly
- Rapid Fitness Walk – for those who walk regularly faster
Spend 45 minutes working on your technique. Also for those returning to Nordic Walking, or just in need of a tweak. If you have already learnt to Nordic Walk but are not familiar with INWA 10 Step Teaching Method™ please book a session so I can go through the steps with you as we will practice them on our walks.
- Cost £15 per person (bring your own poles)
- Pole hire £5
- A group of friends who would like to learn together
- Team building event
- Staff event
- Birthday event
Please contact Sue to discuss your idea at email@example.com.
Nordic Walk the Exeter Riverside Parkrun, every Saturday at 9am. Register and join the Exe Nordic Walking group. Walk for fitness, improve on your time, and enjoy an active start to your weekend. Become part of the Parkrun community, and join the volunteer team. Don’t forget your barcode if you would like to record your times.
- Free (bring your own poles)
Buy your own poles and walk where and when you want to. Remember, Nordic Walking poles are different to trekking poles. Please ask Sue about buying poles.
Are you looking for a great way to encourage your employees to look after their fitness and well-being, a team building experience, or an alternative format for a meeting?
An introduction to Nordic Walking learning the basic technique, as well as having some fun during the session. The cost is £25 per person 2 hour session. This is a guide, please contact Sue.