One-to-One Begin Workshop | Powderham | Wednesday 19th October 1.15 – 3 pm
Begin Nordic walking Workshop 1 – 1
Once completed you will be able to join our weekly walks. Sue will discuss with you which ones would suit you.
How will Nordic Walking benefit your body?
Nordic Walking combines the simplicity of walking with core and upper body conditioning similar to Nordic skiing. This gives you a full body workout, which means that you can:
- Burn around 20% more calories compared to walking without poles.
- Release tension in your neck and shoulders.
- Improve your posture and gait.
- Strengthen your back and abdominal muscles.
- Reduce the impact on your joints.
And because Nordic Walking doesn’t feel like hard work you’ll be happy to walk further and for longer.
Is Nordic Walking for you?
If you can walk you can Nordic Walk! It really is for everyone. The poles mean that effort is shared between the upper and lower body so it actually feels easier than normal walking, particularly uphill. Nordic Walking puts less strain on joints than other activities and can be very effective for people with mobility issues or those recovering from illness or injury. It’s also great exercise for toning problem areas such as the upper arms and abdominal muscles.
- It’s an ideal activity if you haven’t exercised for a while or dislike traditional sports or gym activities.
- It is helpful if you have had an injury as the poles can support and guide you while you work to improve fitness as part of your rehabilitation.
- It is great for athletes for cross training.
- It provides community groups with a sociable way to keep fit.
- And it’s fantastic if you’d like to shed a few pounds.
Whatever your age, from 8 to 80+, you’ll enjoy discovering the benefits of Nordic Walking that improve your quality of life.
Nordic Walking pole hire for the workshop included
Please book before 5 pm on Friday the 14th October