For Learn to Nordic Walk Courses and Taster Sessions
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of the session.
Please return your completed PARQ form with Covid-19 Acknowledgement and Waiver by email or post – Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire. Everyone must complete one, new or returning client. I will carry these with me.
I will email you the Delivery Plan
Please consult your GP for advice about participating in Nordic Walking if you have any concerns about your health when answering the questions on the form. If the doctor recommends Nordic Walking, please bring a note from your GP with you.
For Courses, Tasters and Walks
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the session
See joining instruction on the event you have booked
Check the event location and meeting point
Join our mailing list (see below) for our newsletter
What to wear
- Closed shoes, comfortable, waterproof, trainers or walking shoes that have flexibility in the soles – no sandals or walking sandals
- Layers of clothing, breathable if possible, that don’t restrict swinging arms, jeans are not recommended
- Waterproofs, coat and trousers, breathable if possible
- Gloves (need to be thin to fit under your straps) and a warm hat (winter) or sun hat (summer)
What to bring with you
- Water to keep hydrated
- Tissues and Hand santiser
- A basic first aid kit
- Medication you need to carry with you
- Your Nordic Walking poles (not trekking poles) for walks. Sue can advise on buying poles that suit your needs. Poles are provided for courses and available for hire on walks. Poles are not provided for the Parkrun.
- A slim rucksack that doesn’t restrict swinging arms
- For evening walks in the dark, a high-vis vest, head torch of 150 lumens or above with directional beam, bike lights on poles/bags – this is all for your safety
What not to bring with you
A reminder to leave your dog at home, please. Exe Nordic walks are for you, your fitness and well-being. You can walk Nordic Walk with your dog when you go out for dog walks and I would positively encourage you to!