Virtual Challenge during July
|One of the activities on the 20 things to do… list is take part in a virtual Nordic Walk. As we can’t run any group activities at present, this is a great way to challenge yourself and be part of the British Nordic Walking community.|
There is a choice of distances – 5km, 10km, and for 2020, 20km – so you can decide which suits you best.
It’s easy to enter and all you need to do prove your time is upload a screenshot from your favourite fitness app. All finishers will receive a medal and the satisfaction of their challenge completed!
Take a look and book your place here…
Green Circle 20km May Virtual Challenge complete! Also the stats data taken from MapMyWalk and VeryFitPro
Sign up to our newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with all our news, scroll down to the bottom of the page and enter your details.
Exeter Parkrun (suspended)
Exeter Riverside parkrun – Sue walks quite often and volunteers, so when you register look for Exe Nordic Walking in the list of clubs and Nordic Walk the parkrun with us, let’s build a Nordic Walking community who walk the parkrun.
Adventure Therapy Funding
Find out more about Adventure Therapy and how funding can help you enjoy the benefits of Nordic Walking.
“Our mission is to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and adults with unique health conditions, impairments or limitations through outdoor and adventure-led activities.
Activities are provided free of charge to our clients and we are funded entirely by charitable donations and the kindness and generosity of the communities we serve.”
Join British Nordic Walking
- A quarterly members’ newsletter with all the latest news on Nordic Walking in the UK. Be first to hear about the latest events, walks, holidays, races, challenges, and offers.
- Discounted entry rates for the popular British Nordic Walking Challenge Events.
- British Nordic Walking Member car sticker.
- 15% off at Cotswolds Outdoor, Snow + Rock, Runners Need and Cycle Surgery – just show your membership card.
- 10% discount on all on-line clothing purchases at Barefoot Studio Store, stockists of Nordic Walking clothing and kit.
- Other special member offers.
Exeter City Council – permission given to walk at King George V Playing Fields and the Quayside
Devon Wildlife Trust – permission given to walk at Ludwell Valley Park and Riverside Valley Park